Saturday, August 31, 2024

Pam Mastered the Greek Chicken, Feta, Tomato Pita-Bread Sandwich and I Was There to Be Witness (Delicious)

She told me she bought a Greek skewer to stack chicken, onion, and potatoes in her oven. It was a pyramid of poultry, but we knew the flavors within the pita-bread sandwich was a secret sauce. I cut up pickles, tomatoes, and cucumber, and she also added tater tots and a tahini dressing. It was better than any restaurant's version and I will be talking about it for years.

This was the last Friday before Labor Day weekend, and the kick-off of a new school year. The meal was one for a lifetime and I'm very happy I have the friends and family that I have. The temperatures cooled, no humidity, and the beach sky was superb.

I even got a nap in, having started my morning with a walk where I was drenched from sweat, simply because we went so far. 

I still need to clean the hulk. She's a mess of receipts, loose food, and dog hair. I hope to vacuum her out today and also to mow the lawn. I should also trim the trees and bushes, now that the neighbors behind me have excavating their backyard and I can see it now. It's no longer a jungle.

Kudos, too, for no olives. I know some like that sort of vomit in their Greek food, but not me. What a meal and great way to kick off a three-day weekend. It was a healthy meal, too...one to replicate in the future. Delicious. Teeth-licking joy.

Meat tower...whod've thunk it? And potatoes on the bottom for Beverly.

This was a winning meal, indeed. A+++++++.

I may never go back to cheese and crackers again. I want to do a total replay of the meal during tonight's dinner-fest. Delicious.

And with that...Goodbye August and Summer '24 - last day today. Phew. That was fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment