Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Yesterday Was Just a Perfect Day. Sure I Worked from Home, But with All the Windows Open & Wonderful Fresh Air. Perfect Summer Day.

I went to bed Monday night with humidity and rain. I woke up on Tuesday with Nirvana. I immediately opened all the windows and did what I had to indoors, before heading outside to mow, do the trim, clip back bushes, and ready the house for Fall. I love how happy the Lazy Susans are, too. This plant is one of four around my yard as I keep dividing them and spreading them to different parts. Also took Karal on an extra long walk and met Will and Jessica at Dockside to sign papers and trade marriage certificates. I love those, too. Still riding high on a beautiful wedding. 

If you play Connections on NYT's App, boo. That was a lousy puzzle and I have no idea how anyone would solve it. I got the first two categories quickly, but then I was stumped. The themes were just ridiculous. But onward. A new puzzle tomorrow.

The cicadas are singing and the crickets are counting down time with the full Blue moon and harvests still to come. One of the best attractions of a northeast life are the dramatics of four seasons. 

Days like yesterday are just to precious to trade for anything in the world. 70 degrees, no humidity, and everything still so green from all the rainstorms.

Actually, I'm looking out at the street and realizing I swept all the mowed grass to the curb in large piles, but failed to pick them up for the bags I placed at the top of the driveway. Looks like that should be the first task of the day after drinking my coffee, reading my papers, and playing my games. 

Oh, I also reviewed several articles for journals that were approaching the due date. It's funny to do this now knowing that I really don't have to do any of it ever again, but choose to because it's interesting, part of the profession, and enjoyable. 

Here's to Wednesday. May it be as enjoyable as Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment