Friday, August 16, 2024

As The Sand In the Hourglass, So Is the Day Ahead Before Seeing to the Bride and Groom at their Togetherness Gathering

The bride and groom said they didn't want to vows, but wanted to blend sands from various beaches they've been to around the world. I found a vase and then a heart cap to blend the sands, but they'll have to figure out if they want the blended sand in the vase or elsewhere (I don't run a moratorium). But I can help out with sand blending, because I grew up in a Days of Our Lives household.

Wedding shopping, more grant writing, more advising, new enrollments, a long walk, and a Walnut Beach gathering of pre-denture and ol' folks home people. I'm starting to see what the 60s and 70s are going to look like and it's not pretty. I felt kicked out of the life club in my 40s. 

Just give me a library card and a chair. I'll retire just fine...with many more naps.

Right now I'm simply feeling exhausted. I know I should, as it's just been a few days without running ragged with CWP work. I've been catching up on emails, grants, Fall obligations, conferences, and all the other jazz that comes with my other full time job on campus. It never ends.

One ZOOM meeting today, ceremony officiating to edit, and perhaps a grocer store run (also to return recyclables) are in order today. I also want fish...there's a place in Stratford that people swear by but I've yet to go there. Maybe tonight's the night.

Meanwhile, Psoriasis Gods, why why why why why must you flame my legs so? We've done shots, we have creams, and we know sun/saltwater is good for the skin....but your legs are impossible and it burns. Just go away, please. It's so frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment