Sunday, August 4, 2024

It's Been Well Over a Year...Maybe Even 13 Years Since I Had a Do-Nothing, No-Nothing, Roll-with-It Day. I Needed It.

I got up in the morning at 7 a.m. and started the typical grind, but then realized I just wanted to watch the Olympics and veg all day. Outside was too hot, low tide was rolling in at 2 (I hate when that happens), and there's not much shopping that goes on for entertainment in this household. When Abu woke up with a migraine and we watched U.S. soccer against Japan, I realized he was going to bed and I could really veg all day. I simply played games on my phone, caught up on a couple of shows, and stared into space. 

Okay, that is not true. I also organized all the materials brought home from the literacy labs, then did a bookshelf purge to make room for the books always arriving. I also made lunch, talked to family, and went to Pam's to pick up Karal's leash. But I did little else. Posted the last week of Ubuntu onto Facebook and then went back to playing games.

I'm late, but I got addicted to Wordle while Dave was here. I'm not playing previous months a like the challenge. I love Connections even more, but they only give you a game a day.

I grilled steak and onions for dinner, and we proceeded to watch more English Language Learner sitcom from Britain in 1978. How Abu found Mind Your Language, is unknown, but the characters and humor are still funny today, as learning English with multicultural classrooms is always brilliant with language play (English is NOT easy).

I ma hoping for another lazy day, but if Abu is up and about, I'm sure he'll want to do something to forget about his Saturday. The good news is we now have migraine medicine in the house for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment