Monday, August 5, 2024

Just Loving My Cosmos Seeds All Over Mt. Pleasant as Different Varieties Bloom and Make Floral Fireworks for August & the Burnt Grass

At Christmas, I bought several variety packs of seeds to give to my sisters and me (although I doubt my younger sister did anything with the ones I gave her). I created different areas around the property, including hold stumps, where I put in the soil and seeds to see what would happen. The result is my yard is popping with the color...the lazy Susans, the Cosmos, and the Morning Glories are in hog heaven right now. The Glories would climb to the heavens if we allowed them.

I spent the morning doing yard work, the afternoon running errands, and the evening cooking steaks and taters. Abu took care of corn. I also prepared beans. Damn, it was a great meal. We also enjoyed a day of track and field and are looking at the weather seeing tomorrow might be the only sun to be seen for two weeks. I'm debating taking the day off to enjoy a little time by the water with my feet in the sand. 

Yesterday was Jakes' 10th birthday so Karal, Abu, and I took him a few birthday treats (Pam gave them doggie ice cream, too). 

Also bathed Karal, which was a disaster, because Abu thought he'd trap her on the porch to dry, which resulted in her crawling under the bench on the porch to the dirty part of the yard where she rolled around and made mud. When I came downstairs I was like WTF happened to the dog I just washed? She looked like Pig Pen, so back upstairs we went for bath two. After the second, I said we would take her for a walk to drive off so she couldn't make mud-pies in the backyard. 

Productive, good-eating day. Put laundry away, too, and did grocery shopping for the week. Also purchased a new harness and leash for Karal (while witnessing an awful car accident while we were at the register). We just wanted to get out of the way. 

Happy Monday. Here we go again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment