Monday, August 12, 2024

Karal Had a Tummy Issue Yesterday (Gurgling) and She Wouldn't Eat. My Hypothesis Is She Hates When Abu Leaves Each Summer, Too.

Karal loves when any of the boys are here. Between more in the house (and our energy), we're better equipped to match her energy. As a result, her every need is taken care of sunrise to sundown. She senses when a departure is on the way, whether it is my own or theirs. When Abu was up and making coffee this morning before I got up, Karal knew something was up. She's been sulking ever since....broken hearted, sad, worried, and wondering when a return will come again. 

I feel for her because I, too, have to adjust. 30 minutes into a departure I'm walking around the house wondering why is this half empty water bottle here, and another one over here. How did he manage to find two iPads to charge and leave lying around the house. I wonder if the candy wrappers were being held for a special occasion he had planned in the future. What did he do with the badminton set? How did he do that thing with the Apple TV where he was able to close out all the unused web pages? 

Poof. It just disappears. I did send him off with an enormous bag of chocolate, happy to get that out of my house. I'll share it with Delaney and Lossine...I promise. Famous last words.

But Karal did have tummy issued all day and I knew she wasn't feeling well when she went outside, laid in the grass, and fell asleep. If someone is up and awake, she rarely wants to be outdoors alone. I also fed her a biscuit, which she wouldn't eat and she didn't touch her food or water. Her stomach sounded rather intestinal, so I figured she just needed time to work through whatever it is. She was at Pam's all day Sunday, and who knows what she consumed or from whom. That is the picnic culture. 

I know, however, that her loving self hasn't dissipated and she's been snuggly and in need of close comfort. I think this is all because of Abu's departure after five weeks. She loves having the energy in the house and, perhaps, that is projection of my own Monday blues. I love having him around, too. 

Ah, but I have a press release at 10 a.m. and graduate students to grade. When does the semester being again? Wait....when has there been a break in the last 14 years? 

Touche. There hasn't been one. It's university exploitation at its best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment