Wednesday, August 7, 2024

There are Times Where I Simply Cherish Mindless, Physical Work That Needs to Be Done - the Labor that Isn't Always Cerebral

Yes, I fixated on putting 100 stickers on notebooks yesterday and I loved ever second of it. It was a zenith, just like getting a genius rating on the NYT Spelling be, solving Worldly in 3, and getting the Connections puzzle in 4. It was a good morning. I went to campus, picked up more of the goods, and then went back to the Homefront for Olympics, sticking, and focusing on the program for Friday. 

I'm looking forward to hosting all the teachers from southern Connecticut interested in our back-to-school kick-off. Free lunch and several books are bonuses. As teachers have been telling me, "I wish we could count this as our back-to-school PD instead of whatever such and such district cooks up. 

Don't we all. Don't we all.

The hotel room are secured, the speakers are set, the food is ordered, and hopefully this morning all books are in and the baggies will be set to stash. This is the last round of wonderful grant support that arrived in February, but needed to be spent by the summer. You ask this guy to dream, and dream he will. 

Today, I need to get the program plan in Keynote fashion and the program printed for pick up for the occasion. Ah, and the weather finally snapped. Karal and I got a long humid walk in (I was drenched) and we beat storm number one. Now there are like 24 more storms to go over the next week - feels like living in Syracuse. 

But the temperatures have dropped and that is a good thing. So is rest...I got some this weekend (and Monday as a bonus). I'm looking forward to more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment