Friday, August 9, 2024

Wonderful to Dine with Dr. Kelly Wissman and Vanessia Wilkins, SUNY Albany, in Preparation for Tomorrow's @WritingProject Conference

I was excited to learn that Kelly arrived to Stratford early and Venessia was soon behind. Even more thrilled to promote their book, Teaching with Arts-Infused Writing Pedagogies: Freedom Dreaming for Educational Justice. It's a book I've wanted for some time now, but it hasn't been written. Kelly and her team wrote it, and they will be featured at today's They Call Us Writers: Humans That Teach that will also feature Shamari Reid, Sonya Huber, Beth Boquet, and Jennifer Wells. It's an all-star cast of scholars and presenters.

Abu loaded up the event hall yesterday with all the books and materials, and now we await one sleep before the crazy beings -- this time for teachers. I'm so proud of my team of K-12 educators and friends in the grant office/English department for helping me to pull this off.

Also biting nails, because you know how these things can get and there's so many details, and I hope I didn't miss any of them. It's one thing to have disgruntled kids...it's a whole other thing to have disgruntled teachers, which I don't think will be the case.

Kelly, Vanessia, Abu, and I ate at Lil' Pub in Lordship and watched the gray skies meet the gray waters. What miserable whether it is out there. Feels like Syracuse. And it's cold.

We have seen, however, there will be sunshine and 85 degrees on Saturday which wasn't on the horizon until this morning. 

Need to wrap this up and hit the road! We're off! Boom!

No comments:

Post a Comment