Wednesday, August 14, 2024

A Little Preparation for the Officiant with the Loving Couple in Milford a Few Days Before the Big Event in Monroe

I take my ministry very seriously, although I'm likely to hang up my ceremonial powers after this next one. I've heard from congregations in the past (there's only been one) that others want to book me, but I get confused because I'm the least likely good person to oversee any marriage. Ah, but at brunch yesterday, recalling and reliving the story, I couldn't help but think, "Maybe I am the right selection." Let's just say my ordainment came at exactly the right time...a text message was sent and the rest is history. 

The brunch gave me enough material to write the ceremony. I'm looking forward to overseeing their vows and signing the papers. I just needed more of the narrative to finish my responsibilities and I got all of that in a couple of hours over omelets and French toast. Let's just say the emotions were already running high. I felt the storying emotion from the second we began to talk.

Yesterday, I can say, was my first official day off, although I had meetings all morning online, the ministry to run (ha ha), and meetings all afternoon (via phone and online). It's all good, though, because I did them all from my front porch and I didn't have to report anywhere. The same is true for today. I'm doing Fade Factory for a haircut...then an afternoons with critical friends to help readjust and rethink our lives and what comes next.

I'm happy, too, that the weather has not been as rainy or cloudy as originally planned. I like the cooler temperatures with no humidity. The sun is still warm, but the wind is refreshing. 

That's the perfect way to live life. Warm sun and cool breezes. I hope to embrace more of it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment