Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Soaking In the Last Days of Summer Joy While We Can...The Dog Days are Dwindling and I Know One Canine Who Has Mastered the Intentions

I can't help but capture Karal's many positions as she takes respite from a busy weekend (and an even busier summer). She knows we only have a few days in-between summer work and the Fall semester, so she poses to remind me that the shorter days remain ahead. 

I hear her, and with temperatures heading to the high 80s today, I might just join her in taking some time to enjoy it. Maybe the beach, kayaking, paddle boarding, and feet in the sand (sorry, Karal...no paws allowed at Walnut Beach).

We are lucky to live where we live with the allure of kinder days.

I was talking to several teachers and administrators yesterday, setting our goals and promising one another to lock arms and dedicate ourselves to self-care and joy when I looked over to the dog and thought, "We all could learn a lot from Karal."

Find the light. Bask in it. 

We shall see what today will bring, as I've set syllabi goals, a communication task, and conference organization to be accomplished before any playtime. I was also working on the 11th edition of POW! Power of Words, and I'm hoping to get it to the publisher in record time (thanks to Corrigan Scholar Max Limric...what an awesome human being).

Here's to the blue skies and sunshine. We got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment