Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Yesterday Was International, Co-Dependent Fur-Monster Day for Those Who Celebrate and Since It's Tuesday, I'll Be a Day Late on this Platform

...as irrelevant as this platform has become (I'm an old dog and it takes me a while to learn new tricks). I was late to the Twitter world and will leave late, too, because I'm cautious about any and all changes I make in my life (not that nay of this stupid stuff matters anyway in the big picture). 

Kanyea, Courtney, and Malia-Celine left around 11:30 and I took Karal for a long walk to readjust her to a quieter home. I imagine she'll sleep for a few days because she was on high-energy mode the entire time they were on Mt. Pleasant. The baby made her jealous and she was on constant patrol of getting anyone's attention, including the 1 year-old's. such a spastic dog.

Tomorrow the temperatures spike high again, so I'm hoping to use today as a day to get the yard work completed, wash the car, work on syllabi, do laundry, clean the garage, and figure out life's meaning.

That won't happen, but I can make lists like Chitunga from time to time.

In the past few days I've been contacted by the majority of faculty who have left my school and department, wishing me a good year and saying, "Just hold your head down and continue to do the good work." That's been my mantra since 2011. Very few of the people who do just that remain, so holding that philosophy gets trickier and trickier each year. I'll try. I've told them I have no game plan for the year accept survival and more joy. I typically prioritize joy and integrity, which perplexes most who operate without joy or integrity. Fascinating actually. 

Okay, Tuesday. You had the ultimate four-day distraction, and now it it time to get back to the to-do list. Ugh. I've always said it takes a baby/toddler to calm me down. It remains, true.

No comments:

Post a Comment