Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Oh, We Nailed It. Best Sandwich Every. Chicken Cutlet, Pesto, Cured Ham, Mozzarella, and Panini Bread. We Thought Hard and We Conquered.

I bought the chicken at Big Y. I also go rolls and prosciutto ham. I went to the farmer's market and got rolls, fresh mozzarella, and garden-fresh pesto. Pam had a fresh tomato and knew how to make cutlets with egg, flour, breadcrumbs and spices (now I know, too, so there's no stopping me). We were afraid of our first bites, but we did what we sent out to do -matched the best sandwich in the world from Sorrento's. We also decided we should have a Youtube show, where we constantly try to match good food we have while we're out. We usually do, and make it even better. 

I love to cook. She loves to cook. She has more skills than I do, but I like experimenting. She goes Italian, and I go Ukrainian/African. We make good meals and I will definitely make these sandwiches while home in Syracuse for Nikki's wedding...so, so good. 

We also realized it was national soft serve ice cream day so we took the dogs to Carvel. They had 90cent cones, which were pretty large if you ask me. My borderline lactose intolerance could only do so much.

Yes, I know there's two weeks before the new semester and I should be trying to take a break, but I had to finish late work grading yesterday, then had to advise, and then I began working on syllabi. There are no breaks. I also learned I'm losing two more incredible colleagues that I've enjoyed partnering and dreaming with over the years. I wish I had the magic sauce they had to find a more fulfilling university to carry forth their brilliance. I'm picky. I want to keep doing what I've always wanted to do - National Writing Project work. There are 170 sites across the U.S. and I'm proud to have built the one I have made in my current location. Now I'm dreaming of a location that supports its staff and faculty, too. It's a good thing I hear from colleagues every day across the nation, because I can compare greener grassers on other sides.

Ah, but I'm in it for this year, and I'll have to keep working towards what I believe in...the CWP teacher leaders and young people I love across public schools in southern Connecticut. They work miracles each and every year, and I am a better man because of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment