Thursday, August 29, 2024

Harvesting Cosmos Seeds and Hoping It Works. Bonus to Be Gifted Another Summer's Joys From the One's Blooming This Year

I never made it to the beach. It was way too hot...miserable hot. Karal and I walked in the morning and I was drenched. Her tongue dragged to the ground. I guess Connecticut needed a one-two punch of heat before the cool down (although it is coming without any storms). It was the oppressive heat kind of day - so much that you didn't know what to do but stand in a cold shower and drink ice water. Should I have a pool, I would have been in it the entire day, but as Bev said, "It's too hot even to stand in a pool" (that was her, not me).

So I accomplished much of my to-do list, moving further along the road than I expected. I will say that the heat reactivated my psoriasis to a whole new level and my legs are on fire. The poor ankles look like I've been attacked by fire ants.

With temperatures dropping today, I might take a roadtrip to Hartford to see my friend Jason who has been battling cancer. I've had a gift for him for a while, but he keeps having to go back into the hospital. I feel terrible I haven't made it to see him, and am hoping he is taking visitors in his home this week...one of the smartest English professors I know....NYTimes/Jeopardy/Wordle smart...and focused, passionate, driven, positive, and hard work.

The cancer diagnosis came quick and as he's a National Writing Project brother, it's been bothering me that I haven't made it that way. Today I am hoping to be the day, as well as harvesting more Cosmos seeds. Honestly, if I could give everyone Cosmos seeds each and every year, it would make me a much better human being. 

Here's to blooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment