Thursday, August 15, 2024

Every Now and Then I Will Stray from my Go-To Meal and This or That Place to Challenge my Palette Some. Glad I Did. Triggered Memories from Louisville.

I've been addicted to Pho for a couple of years, so I've forgotten how much I love Vietnamese vermicelli, especially with the right sauces and vegetables. Last night, I had it with curry shrimp and I will be licking my teeth for days with memory of the flavors. Beyond delicious, and with great company as Kathy Silver is enduring PD from hell and needed a night out with a critical friend. How many times has she been there for me? Of course I'm there to be an ear for her? It's easy to stay strong for superstars as they wrestle with the insanity of the universe.

I worked on my officiating for Saturday, met with colleagues at other institutions about a potential grant, did a little shopping and mailed Abu a lil' gift (HE GOT THE JOB IN SYRACUSE!), and advised students. 

Did I state how good the vermicelli was? I mean, write to your parents, good...like I want to bring it to Syracuse and give them a special dinner kind of good.

The Weather Channel is reporting the heat comes back for today, and I guess I'm ready for it. It's been so wonderfully 80 with no humidity so I was thriving as if I lived in San Diego.

I have another day of national meetings on projects, and if I'm not wrong, I have nothing scheduled for the evening (which is rare). Dang, now I really wish I had a pool I could float in.

Oh, my God. The flavors of that dish. Okay, I should sip my bitter coffee and eat my granola bar and get on with morning already. That shrimp!

No comments:

Post a Comment