Saturday, June 1, 2024

I Always Figured My Mid-Life Crisis Would Be Something Unique, But I've Promised the Boys and Family, I'm Not Taking In Any New Kids (Just Sneakers)

I have a thing...I like my sneakers with suits for work, but I also love my sneakers for long hikes (and a vision of returning to running, although my hernia and knees desire otherwise). I wear off treads of shoes quickly, because I'm always on the move, whether intentionally or unintentionally. So, I cycle in and out of Saucony purchases, and I wanted both new running and walking shoes. So I did both, although I like them so much I may wait until Fall semester to break them in (just work out the platforms I currently have).

And I napped yesterday. Maybe it's the pollen, but it definitely is the Cottonwoods. My eyes were swollen and I woke up wanting to go back to bed. By 4 pm I gave in and napped for an hour. I didn't want to cook. I didn't want to see people. I didn't want to work or thing. I needed to sleep, so I did. If I look back in history, this is normal. The pollen does me in. 

My goal for this Saturday is to enjoy 85-degree weather, to plant the Milkweed for monarchs (fingers crossed it works) and to simply settle into the warmer days of summer. I still don't have my air on, and I don't want it on. I like June because it's warm during the day and cool at night. You can keep the windows open for sneezes and watery eyes. 

But it will be warm, which does change the directions of things, including how I hope to best spend my days...hopefully outside....definitely in soil with seedlings.

And with that....we have a Saturday. It is now June, and technically I'm off contract with the University (years, right). 

No comments:

Post a Comment