Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The Basil Has Begun to Grow...Pottery a Gift from My Nephew at Christmas, "What Do You Want? I Found It on Clearance and I Know You Love Sales"

It's about this time each summer I regret not growing more vegetables. I do herbs, blueberries, perennials, and annuals, but I haven't put in squash, peppers, and tomatoes for a couple of years. Not sure why I fell out of favor from that other than the Farmer's market is every Monday right around the corner. Besides, it's hard to keep up with the literacy labs and teacher institutes in July.

But the basil is growing. I'm waiting for the arugula. They're my two favorite.

I'll be heading to Greenwich Botanical Center today to run professional development for the middle grade teachers. This is their last week, and the district calls for all-day PD. Phew. I know they will be cross-eyed, so I'll do what I can to make them laugh and enjoy the day. I spent most of yesterday finalizing the presentation, knowing that it's 23 miles away and can take 2 to 3 hours to get there. I'm hoping the traffic will be lightened at 10 a.m. so I can zip over a little faster. Coming home? I'm must going to pray to the traffic Gods....not that it will work.

I'm catching up with Chitunga, too, and watching the 2nd season of White Lotus. Three episodes in and I've decided it hits all my nerves and anxiety. The characters drive me nutty, but they're believable and so detached from accountability and responsibility. It's maddening. 

Ah, in the meantime, I must do traffic so off I go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment