Friday, June 14, 2024

Incredible, Irreplaceable, Spur-of-the-Moment Night Out with the Sealey-Johnson-Wooley Crew to See Trombone Shorty and Boi at the Amphitheater

They had extra tickets, and I made the time. I heard that Trombone Shorty gives a concert like no other and Boi, 1/2 of Outkast, was the opening. The performances were amazing, the dancing was meant-to-be, and the instrumentation was out of this world. We ordered Chinese Food on Mt. Pleasant, ate, pre-gamed, then took the train into Bridgeport for the concert. Was fortunate to meet up with Chitunga's good friend, Gino, and teaching superstar Kim Herzog, who were also at the concert. It was impossible to sit in the seats for long. Dancing was meant to be.

Dave, Kris, Isaiah, Ishy, and Val will be relocating to Penn State after this weekend. They are dispersing in southern Connecticut for the weekend and I get them on Sunday night. Their house is being emptied today, and they need to find locations before their home opens up in Penn State later this week. Isaiah has an internship with Blumenthall in Hartford, Ishy will be starting a new school, Dave has retired from West Hill (I can't imagine what a hit it will be for the school to lose him), and I'm seeing the heartbeat of my Stratford survival departing for the next phase of their life. 

I knew when I met Dave I had a twin soul in the Universe. It feels a little tragic to know he's going to move a state away...5 hours. Phew. And Kris is also kin spirit, and I can't help but think of all the Abu, Lossine, Chitunga, Kanyea, Michael, Akech, and Edem evenings we've had...guiding one kid after another in intellectual possibilities with love. 

They have their own entourage to look out for...all eyes on Ishy at this point. 

To me, they've been my Stratford survival and that is why last night was extra important...necessary... special. It's a great way to say adios for a little while. 

Thanks for the ticket. It was a spectacular evening of dancing and love I'll never forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment