Friday, June 28, 2024

Well, Hello Oneida Lake. Been a Minute Since I Sat Around You with Whipping Winds on a June Day

You never know what kind of day June will bring, especially in Central New York. The temperatures went from frying our brains out to yesterday's, "Where's my jacket?" It was good to see the waters again and to have lunch with Chitunga, Lys, Dylan, and Dad. Chitunga chose the better of the fish dishes in a taco form. For some reason, I did the burger, but then I was triggered with a migraine which I haven't had since my teens. I still give credit to the yoga class I took in college for knowing when they are coming and then calming my brain, breathing down. I got it in time. Could have been sinuses, too. I could feel the paralyzing feeling coming so I laid down in the middle of the day (which I rarely do). 

But I lost a day. Turned more grades in, paid a few buses off, organized food for some of the events this summer, and doom-scrolled election debate news. I'd love to return to the nation I grew up in and rid the insanity that has been the last ten years.

Alas...this is aging. Seeds have been planted for the next generation to endure, should they have that chance. 

Alyssa got a bunch of fishing and hunting stories, and she was good for encouraging Butch to tell more. It was a great lunch...I always love being near Oneida. Brings back all the childhood memories. 

No comments:

Post a Comment