Friday, June 21, 2024

If Only I Knew this was a Sign for an Earlier Summer that Would Depart Earlier, I Would be A-Okay with It.

I like the dry, no humidity days of June where it is warm by day and cool by night. Nope, we're getting the global warming, so it's 90 by 9 a.m. with 100% humidity so it feels like 110 degrees. It's okay to hover indoors, but I dod like to get outside for fresh air - which is limited. It's like inhaling a sauna and I'm okay with that when it's the two or three weeks in July; I just don't want it in June. Let me have my one month to enjoy crisper days.

The heat is radiating from the roads making an oasis of pond-like mirages. It's a façade, however...just the heat cooking the pavement and grasses and flowers and cars and homes. 

Karal loves getting in the car but I can't let her near it until I run the air condition for a short bit.

Ah, this post makes it seem like I'm miserable from the heat, when really I'm miserable from 10 hours of grading. I had a round of assignments come in Monday and Wednesday, and I'm trying to catch up on them all because there's another round arriving on Friday (such is summer teaching....all so fast - and I feel bad for the students). 

Anyway, tonight the storms are so supposed to bring some relief for the heat, but I don't think it will bring relief from catching up on the grading. I do this to myself, but I am officially drawing a line after this year. I stepped up BIG TIME for my colleagues for the last two years and they, well, departed. So much for stepping up for the team. There needs to be others to have a team, but alas, I'm Hans Solo at this time, especially in secondary education. 

If I close my eyes hard enough...will it all just go away. 

Doubtful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment