Monday, June 24, 2024

Dinner at Lil' Pub and a Short Walk Afterwards to Thank My Dog-Sitters and to Congratulate Rebecca's for her Graduate School Completion

I often think I'll pay in cash, but always like when they say, "Let's do dinner instead." That way I am included, too. It's rare to get a bad meal at Lil' Pub and the view is unbeatable. The temperatures by the water were 15 degrees cooler, too. Still, we ate indoors because we didn't know what the storms were going to do. They all passed.

It was a hot one again yesterday. I mowed the lawn, was drenched, walked Karal, was drenched, then weed-whacked, so was drenched once more. It's the Kentucky days in me...hard not to play in the extreme heat. Feels like a blanket...a wet, lung-suffocating blanket. 

The falafel I wanted on Saturday night was satisfied on Sunday by the water (although I wouldn't get it again...I'll stick to authentic middle eastern places for that). 

I think the highlight of the evening was when a father and son asked me to take their photo along the sea wall and I positioned them in several good locations. They didn't speak English, so it was tricky, but I'm sure when they look at their photo reel, they will be, "Ese hombre blanco toma fotos geniales."

I'm trying to tie up CWP work this morning and then will start thinking about Syracuse, my nephew's graduation celebration this upcoming Saturday. Several Capstone projects came in late last night, too. Ugh. I need to finalize that work, too. 

Not sure if the weather finally breaks today as each and every day they've said, tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. Maybe it will be today. 

We'll know in about an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment