Sunday, June 2, 2024

Pool Boy. Pool Boy. Can You Come Help Me with My Deck? Why Yes. My Son Purchased Me a Powerwasher and I'm Quite Magical

10 a.m. - 3 p.m. I worked on my friend Oona's deck. She bought an apartment near Walnut Beach but knew the back patio needed work. There were barnacles growing on everything, and layers of black and green mold. She wants to repaint it, but first it needed to be cleaned. 5 hours of power washing, with an incredible roast beef hoagie from Lassies. That was worth the entire time of labor. So good.

Oona sat in a sun chair watching and simply said, "This is therapeutic." I said, "I know." I imagine this is what a hygienist feels scraping tar off of teeth. It's laser sharp water work removing all the stains. Even the furniture. "Oh, Bryan. That came with the place. I'm throwing all that out." Ah, but when I got the power washer to it, the furniture was like new. It simply needed all the years of mold washed out. Then it was like brand new. "It even has a print of leaves." 

Yup.

I do find power washing hypnotic and I'm amazed at all the good it can do. Of course, Oona's sons still need to prep for a paint job, and that will be a long, tedious task (I hope they beat the heat). 

I even power washed the green electric box outside of her home. "This isn't supposed to be black, you know?" I returned it to its green state so the grandkids can use it as an Island like we used to do as kids.

And someone filled her fridge with fancy sparkling water, which I drank enthusiastically to fight off the heat. Beautiful day. But after 5 hours, my hose needs some rest.

At night, I was also paid in dinner....two great meals in one day. Chitunga did great buying me a power washer. I will be sure to make a living with it for some time now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment