Monday, May 13, 2024

Thrilled to Celebrate Jillian MacKenzie's Graduation from UCONN Law School with Her Mom, Family, & Siblings. Now Want to Live on the Trumbull Back Porch

I can't keep track of time any more. I met Jillian when she was heading or already attending Cornell. Her mom came to the English Education program at Fairfield University and worked as my Grad Assistant for a year, where I also met Kate, who was in our literacy labs. Two years ago, I attended Joanna's wedding to Justin, and met Tyler, the son who is in Murray, Kentucky. 

Long story short...Joanna read my dissertation, decided to become a teacher, found me at Fairfield, accomplished her goals, is now an urban school teacher, and the fact I taught in Kentucky opened up all these other stories, including meeting her biological mom. Phew. And now she teaches with one of my best buds in CT, Kathy Silver. 

Jillian and Chitunga bonded at the wedding (it was the bourbon and music) and now she is living with Cole Ellington (or he's living with her) and we celebrated her accomplishment from succeeding at UCONN's Law School.

We had great food, and a wonderful evening on their back patio in Trumbull, including and amazing skyline. Last week, they saw Cassius (okay, a Louisville dog name) cross the rainbow bridge, and Maggie, the dog they got when I got Karal, has been super down in the dumps. But a graduation party and company perked her up.

That's a lot of rambling and crazy knowledge to keep up with, but I did get a photo of the skyline and Maggie cuddling with her mom (on Mother's Day). I was actually heading to get garden soil when they texted to stop by and, well, the evening was lost in meeting more of their family and celebrating Jillian's graduation and Joanna's Mother's Day while all three of her kids were home at once. 

Come to think of it...our friendship/family/bond is rather wild and pastic, but I've always understood Joanna and the vision she carries and she's always understood my own. And I find it crazy that Kathy Silver is in this mix, as well. We get kids. We get schools. We get our missions. And that is why we connect as we do.

But Maggie....there's something simply irresistible about that dog....and that skyline. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment