Sunday, May 19, 2024

Celebrating the 12th Round of Graduate Students at Fairfield University, Year Two in the New Arena and a Wonderful Cohort of Kids

It was wonderful to cheer on all the graduates yesterday, but I'm posting Rebecca, elementary education, and niece of Shirley Klein (looking like her Aunt in this picture). We lined up in the Rec Plex, and it made for a louder procession as we all gathered in one location. Always a good day to remember how to alphabetize. When the ceremony ended, I was out of there. I wanted to power wash the porch and fence (so much mold from the rain of the year). I also got the lawn mowed, so tomorrow I can dig my hands in the soil.

In the evening, it was a night of pot roast and gin rummy, which I haven't played in a long, long time. Actually stayed out until 9 p.m. and I was sure my carriage would turn back to a pumpkin. 

This morning, it is the undergraduate graduation on Bellarmine Lawn, and a wonderful day for families, celebrations, and achievements. To be honest, I'm exhausted and have selected not to go. I simply need a mental day of rest.

More gray in the sky, but no precipitation, which is nice.

Funny how commencements are a lifestyle at this point, from high school to graduate school, always a routine in the spring at the time of exhaustion...all for the next generation, and for many, an achievement that culminates with the specialized degree.

Closer to Fine for most. Happy Sunday. May you all get the rest you need. 

No comments:

Post a Comment