Thursday, May 16, 2024

Oh, Yeah. I'm Officiating a Wedding in a Week and Last Night We Went Over Details After Hummus, Falafel, and Shawarma Sandwiches

Phew. The garlic on our breath, but I was glad to treat the future bride and groom with a Palestinian dinner full of pita and crushed garbanzo beans. It's one of those meals where it was hard to STOP eating, but I got to know the details of the couple more and work out arrangements before next Friday (after I host a state-wide conference for kids). It's actually interesting to be ordained and to play a role to master a ceremony...in some ways, it's collecting research to write the words needing to be said within the official formats of wedding traditions. It's like being a discussant at a conference, pulling together all the parts to make a session happen. We're only on for 30-minutes of the day and I'm taking the responsibility seriously.

What were they thinking asking me?

Abi's Falafel in Trumbull is a gem of a restaurant. It's one of those places where the freshness of ingredients becomes obvious as soon as you enter the store. I didn't get baklava, and that was my mistake. I don't think, however, I could put any more food in my body.

My grades are officially in...the last of the graduate projects (overdue) came late last night. I spent most of the day catching up on two writing projects, including responding to one that was due a week ago, but I thought was due in a month. It's a good think I operate like I do and had a pretty solid first draft already in progress. I sent them what I had. 

Looks like another rainy day, but we gave meetings galore on campus and I need to get back to my writing projects. I also have to go through this year's commencement training, as they changed obligations. A 7:30 a.m. report time? Do they who Crandall is without his coffee?

I was also happy to receive another publication in the mail...one I remember writing, but the team and I moved on to other projects so I forgot about this one. Always great to get another book in the mail. 

Okay, I need to head to campus to fulfill obligations...and I'm off in 3...2...1

No comments:

Post a Comment