Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Last Poem, I Promise. 30 Days of #VerseLove '24 and Another Great Year of Dedicating April to the Rain and the Poetics. Calling it Another Cycle

The last prompt...go through 30 days of writing and pull from a line or poem or any other tool to offer a poetic reflection. I started by typing out the prompt titles and then alphabetizing them. This led to almost all the letters, and I thought, "why not try for an abecedarian poem...let the alphabet be a friend?"

It's a hump-day and the return of cold yesterday has put me in a mood of blankets, sleep, and end-of-the-semester exhaustion. A month of poetry has kept me engaged and motivated, but now I have to think ahead to summer work and responsibilities. I also need to grade these projects (which I also don't want to do...and then there are the teeth-issues. Damn crowns). 

But for now, a final poem, which probably will make no sense except to the 100s of writers who participated for a month. I'll be back to clucking normally tomorrow. 




No comments:

Post a Comment