Monday, May 20, 2024

This Is Not My House, But This Was Me This Weekend. Big Time Spring Cleaning & Preparing for Summer Months. Longs Days, but Worth It

My old bones will likely be sorry today. After graduation on Saturday, I went to town with the power washer Chitunga got me, wiping away mold on the fence and getting rid of chipped paint on the back porch. My house is tall, so the area closes to the house gets little sunlight, and with all the rain, the mold began. Some of the houses in my neighborhood are covered. It's gross.

Ideally, I need to redo the back patio and replace rotted boards with new boards. This is the 3rd time I thought about doing that, but decided just to paint, instead. I had a whole day so I went to town. I have carpets, so the dings will be covered, but I definitely need to put this on the radar for next year. 

Since it was overcast, but nice, I also decided to re-landscape most of my yard, weeding, relocating, putting new soil out, and adding wood chips. I also planted several seeds in different locations, as well as planted seeds in small soy pots that will dissolve in the ground. My hope is to expand the butterfly garden along my fences and towards the front yard. Right now my Japanese iris's are getting ready to burst and that is always a wonderful sight.

I then got all the patio furniture out of the shed and will need to tackle that tomorrow (cleaning it all, before lying out the rugs and bringing the outdoor pillows outside. I love my back patio in the summer and miss having the tables and chairs out. I was late this year because I was hemming and hawing about the wood on the deck. Nope. Covered it up for one more year. $70 in paint does the job. 

Poor Karal...inside all day....well, that is, after I started the day on a long walk and decided the day was as good as any to get it done. 

The blisters on my fingers will soon forgive me. Always great to hear a neighbor yell over the fence, "Man, you've been at it, at it." 

That's the only way it gets done. 

Now, I simply need to touch up the fence around the patio and repaint the bench. That will be an easy task compared to Saturday and Sunday. 

And Monday, here we go. Starting off at Subaru Service getting some work done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment