Friday, September 20, 2024

Three Days of StoryFest Begin Tonight with Roseanne Gay. Year 7 of the Westport Library Collaboration and Largest Literary Festival in Connecticut

Sometimes, I wonder how we make things happen, but somehow all the planning comes together and for all the right reasons. CWP-Fairfield is once again thrilled to collaborate with the Westport Library for StoryFest '24 - the largest literary festival in the State. For me, I just love advocating for young adult writers, advocating for teachers, and bringing forward panels that I hope will rock the occasion. 

I'm super excited to attend tonight's program to here Roxeanne Gay on stage.

Yes, I'm waking up yawing because I'm exhausted, but that's okay....I've feeling a little more centered and focused on what matters most (my mental, spiritual, and physical help). I'm reprioritizing what needs to happen for the work I do, and I'm putting kids and teachers first. All else needs to step to the side. 

And what is with this San Diego weather? Absolutely beautiful out there these days, albeit it dry. Funny how we have monsoons, but then dry spells like we do. 

Here's to the Friday that will be what it is. Be good to yourselves. That's what I'm trying to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment