Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Question: What Do You Call a Group of Octopuses (Note: It's Not Octopi, It's Octopuses). I Learned Something New Today

 I'm 52 and it's the first time I wondered what you would call a crew of octopuses traveling in the ocean. It turns out that the word is consortium, which I really like. At the last minute, I threw in an octopus theme for tonight's class and learned that even graduate students like to color. It was a 'getting to know you' activity where we colored and answered 8 questions about ourselves, and now that I think about it, I could have kept the conversation going longer because they really liked to color.

I'm intrigued by the cohort I have and we shall see where the entire semester goes - having tremendous joy with last year's lot. 

And I'm off to teach again this morning...Philosophy...of all things. The course maxed at 20 students but being me, I took six extra because I wanted to enjoy the numbers. Unlike many, I prefer large classes. And this one is a turbo, so I'll be on for 2.5 hours (which I have to compare to summer where I'm on for 6 hours with 60+ students each week).

Karal will need to get used to having the house to herself after a couple of weeks with all my attention. I hope to maintain the long morning walks, however, as they are a great place to clear my mind (just not on Wednesdays...they'll have to be afternoon walks). 

Alright, I need to hit I-95. It all begins anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment