Sunday, September 8, 2024

Borrowed from Chitunga's One Dish: Cuban Rice with Black Beans, Onions, and Peppers (Paired with Salmon, Grilled Cauliflower, and Strip Steak)

It was delicious. I was afraid I'd get Chitunga's rice wrong...the dirty rice...but it came out marvelously and paired well with the grilled salmon, cauliflower, and steak. A great dinner for Pam, Oona, and Rose on a Saturday night where they didn't have any dinner plans. 

The morning started out with a trek to the new Stratford Bookstore, Odobo (meaning Community) where I meet fellow educators and showed local support for a good cause. Karal and I then hiked for 4 miles, before I returned to the Mahoney Arena to see the Binghamton Bearcats beat the Fairfield Stags 3 games to one in volleyball. Binghamton held out with strong teamwork and power. 

I came home to grill before the storms and, well, ended up grilling during the storms with an umbrella...only mildly drenched for the downpour. In the end, a delicious meal was prepared and a solid Saturday was had. 

I woke up yesterday with a stomach bug, and I was thankful it subsided by the afternoon. Ah, but now I have a Sunday, class preparation (life preparation) and reorganization of my everything that is due. I also started a book on Audible, The Anxious Generation, and I'm wrestling with chicken-little paranoia, and/or just another generation of human beings inherited the crazy world that we have. 

I mean, turn on the news and tell me how any of it is supposed to make sense to the adults in control, let alone the kids growing up in it. This too shall pass. Boomers, Gen X, Millennials, Gen Z, etc. We definitely have been living during a global paradigm shift with migration, technology, mental health, wars, colonialism, patriotism, and the usual insanity of a post-British, post-European empire. Something wicked this way comes. We shall only see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment