Saturday, September 7, 2024

Finished Off the Work-Week with a Stags Women Volleyball Game Against Boston College. I Will Always Love College Volleyball

The good news for me the last few years is that college volleyball is on the up and up, so there are more and more games televised for consumers like me. I'm also glad to have a faculty liaison position with Coach Nancy Somera, and I'm looking forward to attending more games - tomorrow it's with my undergraduate alma mater, Binghamton University.

Boston College took three games for the match, but the score was always point for point for two evenly-matched competitive teams. I can't offer much for the play-by-plays, but I can cheer them on with my love of the sport, my literacy work, and the power of human togetherness. I am, because we are. Ubuntu. That has been the Skils4Life mantra for Hoops4Hope. I'm hoping that is what I might be able to bring to the team.

And books. I want to find a perfect book for all to read. We'll see. I'm being my usual dorky self with the possibilities. 

But for now, a Saturday. I'm still exhausted from summer work and little break, so I'm trying to choose joy for the semester, which usually comes in the form of a volleyball game, so I'm all in.

I saw the Binghamton team in the stands for tomorrow's game and it made me realize I haven't been back to that campus since I left in 1994. 30 years. Unbelievable. My everything was made better by attending that campus while I did. It launched the human being I am today. 

Here's to a good match today.

No comments:

Post a Comment