Monday, September 16, 2024

Karal Wants to Know How the #@%%! It Is Already Monday Again and Where this Past Weekend Went (She Doesn't Want Me to Return to Work)

I did read at the beach. I did read at the beach. I did read at the beach. 

Sadly, most of Sunday was spent in NWP, NCTE, and grant world trying to get on top of the responsibilities I have to them (and one article to Writing & Pedagogy). I read over 780 scholarship applications and had to narrow it down to 102, with a wait list of 30. to say that my brain is fried is an understatement. These are for registration to the NCTE '24 conference in Boston. These conferences get more and more expensive every year, and the applications for assistance grow larger and larger every year.

I did take a break to say bon voyage to Sara who has taken a job in Switzerland to continue her research on cancer. She will be leaving Yale for next steps in her studies and, sadly, Rory will be staying behind until they figure out a game plan for all ahead. Oona did a great job hosting the party and I was glad I could stop by. It was also a mid-afternoon bonus of food, because all I had was two cups of coffee up to that point.

Then home to read more scholarship applications. We have so many beautiful individuals teaching teaching English, writing, ELA, and K-12 literacy across the world. It's hard to narrow down to who deserves the financial assistance. 

Ah, but it's Monday and I have to get on top of several grants this morning or I'll miss out on the deadlines. Karal will get her walk. I promise she will, so these looks of desperation are just a front!

No comments:

Post a Comment