Wednesday, July 10, 2024

While Many Prepped for the COPA and Euro Cup Games, Our Youngest Writers Invented Foods Out of Play-Do...Including Watermelon Pie

I'm not sure watermelon would hold up in a pie, but the concept intrigued. Also wasn't sure about grilled cheese Oreo cookies. The traditional Guac and taco dish, however, made sense to me, but the Everything Pizza (which had everything on it, including the Kitchen sink) was not that appealing, although it did give me opportunity to talk about everything bagels, which are my favorite.

Meanwhile, in the Novel Writing labs, students had options to develop demons, other worlds, or plots with the three instructors. They pulled into separate rooms and I was amazed by how much work go done. The plot room fascinated me, because there is no single writing process...these kids prove it. They have multiple writing processes and I love observing every second of them putting their ideas to together.

Abu and I made it home for the Spain/France game, but only the second half. Then it was COPA in the evening, Argentina and Canada. Believe it or not, I fell asleep during the first game. I'm getting old. Teaching all day and then planning all night is tiring. That, and a local deli charges a 3% credit card fee that they don't put on the receipts they give you. The result? When you share the receipt with the University accountants, they won't accept it...so you go back to the deli and they say they can't retro receipts with the extra charge, so you you a take a photo of the miniature taped line at the register that says there is a fee.

Not ordering from there again. That's not how you run business

Today, it's more writing fun...hump day, so a lot of writing has to occur...tomorrow we need to edit. And there are two more soccer games on tonight. Bonus week for Mt. Pleasant. 

The secret of writing success is hiring the best, most creative, and thought-provoking teachers we can. CWP rocks. I love these people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment