Thursday, July 25, 2024

"He's here, he's there! He's every-#$@#$@#@-where! ROY KENT! ROY KENT!" Had the Pleasure of Seeing Brett Goldstein's Stand-Up Last Night.

Of course, he was four miles away from my seat in the balcony, but I knew when I saw the tickets go up that I had to go. I loved Ted Lasso too much to pass up the opportunity. Dave, Abu, and I met Kaitlyn & Dominik in Wallingford (where they put the dot down before the squiggly before making a question mark). It was at the Oakdale Theater and a spectacular venue in a very bizarre location. A+++ for the efficiency in parking, moving so many vehicles in-and-out. I thought they were going to launch us on a ferry with all the lanes and timed movement, but it was sharp and I appreciated it.

The humor was great and not that of Roy Kent, although the character's humor was also in play. The opening act, Brian something-or-other had the best joke of the night with the Shoop one after a track meet (love potty humor), and I appreciated the brilliance of both comedians. Needed to laugh.

Great to see Kaitlyn and Dominik, too. They don't get out much now that they have a lil' one, but this adventure was a good test. Mermala babysat and apparently Oliwia poked her in the face every time she tried to fall asleep. That's a good strategy for 6 pm weekend nights. Leo, Bev, and I can handle the poke in Pam's forehead. Wake up, Woman. Smart kid. 

Of course, now I want to watch the Ted Lasso series (three seasons) for the third time, but know that is probably not healthy...get a life, Crandall.

And just like that, "It's Thursday." Slowly, administrators and staff that have been missing for two months are coming back alive and with each email I feel my blood pressure rising. 

It is what it is. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.  I know now I can't change the incompetence of others, the shamelessness, and the honest truth of how things actually are, so I will only focus on the programs I run, the classes I teach, and the national relationships I have. I have to think globally if I'm to stay sane. I'm choosing competence and joy. I'm leaving the rest behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment