Monday, July 22, 2024

After ... So Many Days (a year?) Finally Made it Back to the Beach with the Paddle Boards. Nothing Like Beach Time

We haven't figured out if it's simply the fact that it's been too hot, or that weekends have simply been miserable, but yesterday was the first time we all gathered at the beach. It was 88 degrees without humidity and a wonderful day on the water. Abu and I paddle boarded as well as rested, and the Sound temperature was refreshing. 

A much, much needed day with feet in the sand.

Abu and I also returned to see the full moon (orange/red) rise across the sound at 9:03. It was cloudy on that side and not the greatest, but we did manage to see it before heading home to greet Dave who is with us for the week with College Essay. Excited to have both him and Kim working together again. 

This week, Ubuntu Academy returns, as well as the College Essay and Other Narratives project, Who Do You Think You Are? We have a good crowd of students and I'm looking forward to another year of productivity and publication. 

I am sunburned, however, so we'll see how I fair as I put civilian clothes on once again. Happy to have Chef David in the house for the week, especially with Abu so they can have some bonding time. Lots of rain later in the week, but until then, a beautiful one. 

Time to hit I-95...but I'm carrying the weekend that just was with me to get me through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment