Sunday, July 28, 2024

Weekends are For Grilling Vegetables as Appetizers Before Big Dave Comes Forth With the Primary Meal (Penn State on Mt. Pleasant)

Received the Sealy, Wooley, Johnsons from all directions, as Ishmael comes to his 11th year on earth and a birthday party for himself in Orange. Abu went to Syracuse, so we have the beds to accommodate the joy, including badminton in the backyard, steak on the grill, and Dave's out-of-this-world lemon pasta salad. It was a great way to end a day of watching Olympics and preparing a teacher event in August. I meant to weed-whack, but I didn't get around to that. Big Y called.  

Loved the gelato treats that Beth brought, too. Such good flavors. Also a beautiful day to be outside, sweat, take long walks with Karal, and embrace the sunshine. Only thing that would make it better is a swimming pool.

Today is a transition of their departure and Abu's re-entrance from Liberian Independence Day (which was Friday but he celebrated yesterday). 

We have a week ahead of Ubuntu Academy, then I have to begin thinking about the next phases of the year, my life, and what comes next. 

For now, I'm just loving the ways I'm able to sleep longer on the weekends. That makes a tremendous difference from the five-hour rest I've been getting each night as summer programs roll forward. I love have a busy, active home with much going on and this occurs much more during the summer months. 

Here's to a day of rest (whatever that means for you). I'm hoping it is as it should be....rejuvenating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment