Saturday, April 13, 2024

#VerseLove, Day 11, Poem 11. Write of a Creature That Doesn't Always Have the Limelight in the Poet's Eye

It's Saturday morning. Happy WGI weekend (as we collect 3 years of the Sport of the Arts literacy data). My eyes are already spinning. It was easier to read books on the bleachers than to actually watch for the storytelling and understanding of the rubric. Alas, I'm thankful to poetry and movement and another year of distracting my brain with what it gets distracted with. I enjoyed crafting this poem, which is more about the time I ran by a scene where a car hit the offspring of an opossum. The howling and anger of the mother in the middle of the road is something I'll never forget, and I couldn't help but make a connection with a scenario I probably shouldn't have been involved in (but I was young, stupid, and full of the zest of what could have been possible). As Kirsten would say, "God Bless that animal." So, I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment