Saturday, April 27, 2024

Poem 26, #VerseLove24, "Write Poetic Advice for a Poster to Hang in My Room" - a Wonderful Prompt from Oklahoma's Scott (what a teacher!)

I've never wanted a weekend to let my brain go free more than this weekend. I'm fried, y'all, but I finished the week doing Scott's prompt on #VerseLove - he wanted a poem for his students to think about and I thought about the one sign I have in my house - an Emerson quote for living life with joy. I thought about car rides with Pam and all the times we say things and immediately thing we shouldn't have said that. But then, as the prompt comes my way, I see a post of two road signs in some small town in NY (which I created here). Wola! I have material for a poem. The actual sign in this town is funnier, because it's a crematorium with an arrow pointing left, with the advertisement for McDonalds at a bus stop. 

It's supposed to be gray, rainy, and cold, so I have the weekend to grade (and for that I'm thankful. It's been a year for sure. There are times when I simply don't know how I'm still standing. But I stand, because I keep my sense of humor and have friends who do the same. Here's to the weekend.





No comments:

Post a Comment