Monday, April 8, 2024

Another #VersePoem '24 - and One Written for Saturday Night after I Said "I Do," Because I Will and I Couldn't Be More Honored to Take Part In All to Come

I think the trees are about getting ready to do that allergy thing to my eyes, nose, and throat. I can feel the tickles beginning, and I am worried that I haven't mowed the lawn yet because it's high....but I don't want to be the first (maybe I'll do it tomorrow while others are at work so I won't be as embarrassed). 

The prompt for the day was to write in extended haiku or tanka...I went with the third option, a style I didn't know about. It's good to have syllabic limitations because it keeps excessive people like me contained. Anyway...here's to two of my favorite human beings in the world. Couldn't want more than to see the two of them continue their mission, their teaching, their love, and their dedication to the students they take under their care. They are the real deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment