Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Day 22 - Earth Day on #VerseLove '24. Prompted to Look to the Earth for a Poem, but My Dentist Had Other Plans (These Teeth, I Tell You)

I am hoping I was earthly enough in my writing, channeling the story of the man who studies badgers by digging dirt and making tunnels with his teeth. It seemed like the perfect NPR story to parallel with dental dilemmas (and the Earth). 

It's Tuesday, and because it is the last class with undergraduates for the semester, it also means Crandall cake, so I'm baking before class before we finish it off for the semester. They've really pulled through in the end, but I wasn't sure the majority were going to make it. The obstacles of the real world are heavy, indeed. 

On a good front, my first semester pay-increase will come in handy to pay for my mouth. Dentistry is the world's biggest hustle. 



No comments:

Post a Comment