Sunday, April 21, 2024

Notes Passed Along the Way, #VerseLove '24 Morning Prompt - Day 20, To Recall Those Notes...Those Letters...Those Memories.

I had to run upstairs and go through drawers...not only do I have boxes of notes and letters saved over the years, but I also have the books that my first pen pal and I used to keep after writing to one another for over 20 years. Sadly, the tradition ended in our 30s and 40s, and the last time we were in touch is when we went to a Women's basketball game at the Syracuse Dome with her mom. They were moving out west and saying goodbye to their Adams, NY home. 

I often give Sara full credit for making me the writer I am. I always read her letters mailed to me with absolute awe. Her mind was a good 20 years ahead of my own and she was outside the box before I even understood what boxes were. Definitely an ordinal who intrigued my mind, soul, and wonder of the world. Anyway, I pulled out some of the books and pulled lines to write a poem. I suppose it is time to put words back to the page and do an ol' fashioned mailing.



No comments:

Post a Comment