Thursday, April 25, 2024

On the 24th Day of #VerseLove @dogtrax Prompted Us Upward, Towards Constellation (a Fun, Magical Prompt that Makes Poetic Challenges Magical)

 It's Thursday. I'm proud to bring a student research to an academic symposium where he is displaying year one of a two-year study I'm fortunate to mentor. I look forward to the logic, sincerity, rigor, and professionalism of his work, as a way to counter the crazy insanity of all that was experienced this week. I know that Higher Education is its own monster, but sometimes I'm can't comprehend the double-speak.

The symposium, however, is the real deal...an investment in scholarship, research, hard work, data collection, delivery, and pushing the field forward. I also provided cake #2 in my graduate courses and had a wonderful last class. The students win me over every time. The profession. The dedication of many to promote literacy, education, best practices for teaching, and professional leadership. It exists in some communities, and I'm proud to be part of that work. 

Meanwhile, a poem. I'm an Aquarius. I love lunar moths and the possibility of a Star Wars galaxy. I couldn't help but get nerdy, so I did. I'm thankful to Kevin (my Massachusetts friend) for his brilliant prompt. And with that, a poem.



No comments:

Post a Comment