Friday, April 19, 2024

I Do Know It is the 18th Day of #VerseLove and I Am Sticking True to My Commitment. #VerseLove '24. Contemplating Life, That is For Sure

I've never been trained as a fireman, but putting out fires seems to be the work of my labor these days. I know what I'm capable of, what I believe in, and the nature of the work I do. I do not have control of the environment in which I work. So, I have my poetry. I have my CWP-Fairfield work (which I believe in full-heartedly with the National Writing Project mission) and I believe in kids and teachers. It remains my priority. The prompt was to write about self-care and therapy, but I wrote about a sugar ant crawling up my leg. He seemed a worthy subject. And I'll continue to do me as I do me. Period.



No comments:

Post a Comment