Saturday, October 5, 2024

It's Been a Minute Since I Had Muscles and Zabar's Delicious Desserts. So Thankful to @Silvergal for Her Incredible Hospitality

I was under the impression that schools had a two-day break, not realizing that Bridgeport Public Schools only had Thursday off. When Kathy said she wanted to do a back deck gathering last night, I thought it was because she had two days of non-teaching recovery and felt like getting her hands in the kitchen. Nope. She worked all day and still managed to bake incredible salmon and serve a bowl of incredible muscles in garlic and butter sauce. Joanna, too, put together a charcuterie board of cheeses, crackers, and incredible cranberry jalapeƱo jam. The flavors were out of this world. Michael, Elan, and Ethan joined us and it was a wonderful evening of a fire, good food, conversation, and much needed relaxation. I say it all the time, "Whenever anyone can introduce me to new culinary ideas and share their secrets, I'm overjoyed." 

Kathy baked the salmon with a spicy mustards, Joanna had a kale salad, and we ate as if in 5-Star restaurant. On a Friday night after a busy school night. It was exactly what I needed.

A grant was submitted, I hosted a lunch from Abi's Falafel with students and a colleague in preparation for NCTE, and I can say that my Friday was a culinary fiesta. Such good eating and I must admit, it was a blessed day for the stomach.

The weekend is supposed to be nice before a rather dreary, rainy week, so I'm glad we gathered as we did. Lawn needs to be mowed. Classes need to be planned. I really must grade, but for a night I was in chill-mode and I appreciated every second. Meet a teacher. Hear their stories. Let them share the chaos of a school week and you can't help but laugh at the complications of a bizarre, almost impossible world.

But with friends and good food...it all is made tolerable. I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment