Sunday, October 6, 2024

I Am Just on a Food Campaign, I Guess, as Last Night I Went to Stowe's in West Haven for the First Time (Had Fish & Chips). Looked Out to the Water

Thankful to Sonya and Cliff for getting me out on a Saturday night and for bringing me to an outdoor eatery I've never heard of. Definitely a fishery and, well, the kind that gets fried. I actually had haddock, simply because I had something to compare it to. It was good. Love eating it...my stomach hates processing it. Fried foods need to be a thing of the past for me. The acid reflux is too much, especially at 2 a.m. in the morning. I told them I would go, though, when I saw the pirate. Who doesn't love a restaurant with a pirate?

Yesterday was an Indian summer like day: gorgeous. Sunny. Enticing. I did a lot of yard work, mowed the lawn, went to a 1 year old's birthday party, and dined with friends. Not a bad 1st day to the weekend. I also watched the Louisville football game, although they lost. 

Today, I need to finish the yard work, grade, plan for the week ahead, and probably go to Norwalk to pick up books borrowed by a graduate student from yesteryear...I'm teaching those books on Wednesday, after all, and I loaned them to her last summer thinking I wouldn't need them ever again. Nope. Asked to teach a course I haven't taught in a long time.

Rainy days make it easy to work inside all day, but it looks to be another beautiful one. Now, I can't give into the temptations until I get my #$@#$ done. 

This is the goal.


No comments:

Post a Comment