Monday, October 7, 2024

Before Bopping Bozo & Smothering Blueberry Yogurt Onto Everything, There Was an Ocean Walk, Friends' Talk, & Laughter

I spent most of Sunday grading work. I met with teacher-leader Rob, however, to get books borrowed from Darlene, a student who recently graduated from Fairfield. I traded him kid books for Virgil, their son, and he gave me the philosophical texts I loaned Darlene. We met in the Dolan School of Business for the swap. I said, "This is like a teacher drug deal." Sure enough a cop came by....I actually think it was for something else, but it make me laugh.

Weed-whacked some then wen to see Patrick, Stephanie, Ethan, Oona, and Pam for dinner...a chicken and pasta dish to be devoured after we walked Ethan along the Sound and jumped all the cracks that we could.

The week ahead is rather frantic, but next Monday and Tuesday are Fall break. I see a relief ahead.

Also started a Netflix series from Britain, Supacell, and although it started slow, I'm totally hooked and intrigued. I have to listen carefully at times because of the British accents, but am totally interested in the way the series is unravelling. I'm looking forward to reading academic papers that explore Black Psy-Fi and Afrofuturism. What is neat, however, is that it appears to be set now. I think I'm enjoying it more, because it reminds me of being 19, living in the city of London, and studying literature of exile and the Black British experience. I'm intrigued by where the storylines will go.

Okay, Monday. I see you. Off to a dental cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment